Personal Loans for doing the things you want.
When you go from thinking about something to actually doing it we’ll do our best to help with an AIB Personal Loan. When you get doing, we'll back you
Finance options for Students and Parents
Our customer stories of Doing - #backedbyAIB
Other Lending Products
Personal Loans - Key Information
Standard personal loan terms from 1 to 5 years. Personal loans for home improvement purposes will be considered for terms up to 10 years. For more information about our longer term options click here.
Borrow from €1000
Competitive Interest rates with loans for less than €10,000 at 12.99% APR and loans over €10,000 at 9.99% APR
No penalty for unscheduled repayments
No set up charges, maintenance or transaction fees on your Loan Account.
Online Loans - Key Information
- Flexible loan terms from 1 to 5 years
- If you hold a Personal Bank Account or AIB Advantage account for more than six month and are registered for AIB Phone & Internet Banking, you can apply for a Personal Loan or Loan Top Up online through AIB Internet Banking and get a decision on your application within 3 business hours.*Your salary must be paid directly to your AIB current account.
- You can apply for a loan of between €1,000 and €30,000 online. For amounts over €30,000 please contact your local branch or call us on 1890 724 724.
- Competitive Interest rates with loans for less than €10,000 at 12.99% APR and loans over €10,000 at 9.99% APR
- You may apply online for a loan in your sole name only - joint applications are not available.
- If you are a Student Plus account or Graduate account holder and wish to avail of a Reduced Rate Loan, please apply through your local branch. Alternatively you can call the AIB Student & Graduate Centre on 1890 788 336, lines are open 8am to 9pm Monday – Friday and Saturday 9am to 6pm.
- If you wish to restructure your existing AIB loan, clear your AIB credit card or overdraft, please contact your local branch to make an appointment with one of our lenders who will go through your application with you.
*Although we aim to provide a decision within 3 business hours, this period may be extended for technical or other legitimate reasons. Our business hours are Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm, excluding bank holidays.
How to Apply
Registered for AIB Internet Banking? Click here to apply
Not Registered for AIB Internet Banking, not currently a AIB customer or want to apply for more than €30.000? Click here to apply
Branch: Drop into your local branch, they'll help you with the application.
Phone: 1890 724 724
Warning: If you do not meet the repayments on your loan, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating, which may limit your ability to access credit in the future.
Lending criteria, terms and conditions apply. Credit facilities are subject to repayment capacity and financial status and are not available to persons under 18 years of age. Security may be required. A typical €1,500 one year variable interest rate loan will have monthly repayments of €133.46 Interest rate 12.38%, APR (Annual Percentage Rate) 12.99%. If the APR does not vary during the term of the loan the total cost of credit of this loan i.e. total amount repayable less the amount of the loan, would be €101.52. A €10,000 one year loan variable interest rate loan will have monthly repayments of €877.09 Interest Rate 9.62%, APR (Annual Percentage Rate) 9.99%. If the APR does not vary during the term of the loan the total cost of credit of this loan i.e. total amount repayable less the amount of the loan, would be €525.08.